Wednesday, April 27, 2011

43 days...



I should start by saying it's lunch time and I SHOULD be doing homework, but honestly talking about mission statements and case studies sounds so boring right now.

So in 43 days I'm running my first 5K, YAY! I'm at 1.3 miles and adding on distance every run. I feel so awesome when I'm done (unlike the feeling of imminent death after running 60 seconds). When I started C25K (Couch to 5K) I used to watch my stopwatch trying to get through that 60 seconds and then the next 90 seconds of walking would fly by! I'm not officially timing myself but I'm at about a 10 minute mile, which is AWESOME!


There are 59 days until the Warrior Dash, I'm not nearly as scared of it as I used to be, though I am still quite concerned about our costumes! I'm running it with my super cool friends Deanna and Kelly and we've had about 1,000 ideas for costumes, but somehow it'll have pink it in! I think we need a cool name too, any ideas?


I've got my 5K schedule done for the rest of the year, just have to wait for some registrations to open up. but I've committed myself to them!


I talked to my health coach about being a health coach myself. I think I'm about there. In addition to the fact that I'm good at motivating people, I've been there. I've looked in the mirror and not like what I saw, but you make a choice and it begins with one step! I finally picked a new gym, best part I don't have to join! They have a drop in rate, so I can check it out first and it's more crossfit than treadmill type working out. I'm pretty excited!



Other than that I'm off to PA to see Heather this weekend! WOO!! Our exciting plans include, having an uninterrupted conversation (girls will be in school), working out, and providing our own commentary to the Royal Wedding! Then we'll be off to Kathy Troccoli!



Daily Mantra: Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. -Jim Ryan

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the great work of running! It really turns into an addiction and if I have to say so myself....not a bad addiction to have :)

    ReplyDelete