Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Race Fit For a Princess

Well I turn 35 in 7 months, WHAT? I’m pretty sure I just blogged about turning 34. So me being the planner I am decided I need to do 35 up and in a BIG way!



Ireland? Been there!



Vegas? Done that!



NYC? Got the t-shirt! So where’s a girl like me spend a milestone birthday?



DISNEY WORLD of course! And you’re invited! But there’s something bigger going on while I’m there that is going to just be huge to me! So we’re flying down on the 22nd of February and spending the 23rd at Disney. Then on February 26th I’m going to be running in my FIRST HALF MARATHON! Yes you heard me correct. I am running in the Disney Princess Half Marathon. I’m very lucky to have my amazing friend Kelly running next to me. I’m going to have my family, friends and most of all Prince Charming to cheer me along the way! If you would have asked me when I turned 34 if I’d be running 13.1 miles in a year I probably would have laughed you down the street. But I know I can do this. Plus I get a cool princess medal for finishing and the title of Princess! Who wouldn't want that? I’m far from ready and the fact that it is near 100 degrees played into my decision to 1 run in Florida in the winter and 2 get a few more races under my belt. So check out the link and you know come to Florida it'll be fun! http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/rundisney/princess-half-marathon/ The toughest one coming up is the Run for the Fallen. It’s not a race it’s a way to honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. It’s 12 miles and my goal is to run the first 3-4 rest for a few and run the last 2-3. Such an emotional cause to run for and I couldn’t imagine not being a part of it.
Kelly and I hiked Mt. Major last weekend. Talk about a hike. My blister is finally healing and so it made hiking a little challenging but we got to the top (of course we took the long steep way, as opposed to the short steep way) and the view was AMAZING! I could have stayed up there all day! 3 celebratory bottles of champagne (and 2 corks in the lake) and 1 chick flick later I was more than ready for bed.
No running till Sunday when the heat and humidity breaks. Stay cool kids!






Daily Mantra: You won’t realize the distance you’ve walked until you take a look around and realize how far you’ve been.

No comments:

Post a Comment