Thursday, January 5, 2012

Renegade Playground Challenge











If I could marry the renegade playground challenge I would. Kelly, Deanna and myself had such a blast at this mud run. It was SO much better than Warrior Dash. The heats were smaller and the obstacles were actually challenging! Of course we had to go with a theme and we deciced on Sesame Street. Kelly was Elmo, Deanna was Big Bird and I was Cookie Monster. This involved tutus again but this time we added hairbows! They were super easy to make and well when you have a super helper like Bill you can whip them out in no time.


It was a beauitful sunny day, I almost couldn’t believe our luck! The weather was perfect! We got all checked in and suited up and it was off to the start line. We got several compliments on our outfits and as cute as they were we were ready to WRECK them! We had to run for a while in the woods but once we got out in the open you could see some of the obstacles. The was a hill and the best way to get down a hill is on your ass, we all know that!



There were so pretty deep marshes that were EXTREMELY cold! And it seemed like every time we got muddy the water cleaned us off! Funniest part was a dark tunnel you had to crawl through and they were playing the dirty dancing music. In typical Erin fashion we went over a creek and there was a rope to use and Kelly yelled to me to use the rope and I was like I don’t need a stinking rope and that moment I tripped! Classic!








Best part was at the end you get to jump out the back of a bus into a pit of mud! So much fun! I went with the flying leap! There was no saving our tutus after that! Once we managed to get outselves out of the mud we rant to the finish line where Bill was waiting with flowers that matched our outfits. There’s a reason why I keep him around! He always drives…oh wait and yeah he’s a really good friend!








I can’t wait to do the race again and we’re already brainstorming ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment