Sunday, August 26, 2012

70 Days

70 days until the All Women and One Lucky Guy 1/2 marathon. I banged out 5 miles yesterday with about a 12:50-13 minute pace which is what I'm aiming to try and keep. Though there will be no princesses or prince charming along the way this time. It'll be me and the road and hopefully all my friends at the finish line waiting to pick me up! I'm not nervous like I was last time, but actually following a training schedule is harder than I thought. I didn't last time and I admitted when it was over the most I had run was about 9 miles. So the last 4.1 were all adrenaline, this time I'd like to actually get to the 12 mile mark before the race. I'm doing a lot of short runs in there too and as much as I want to go fast, I'm trying to set pace for the race. I did the Tavern to Tavern 5k last week, all by myself. I got up at 6, drove to Boston, took the T (and didn't get lost) and ran all before 10. Little bummed it was the same medal as last year, but I guess that's to be expected from most races. 

I need to start to work on my bib board and medal rack. Class is officially over this week, so I have 3 whole weeks with no homework and I think after work I shall go to Michael's and start my project. I have to find all my bibs that I still have and print out some pictures to go in there too. 

It's also time for new motivation on the back of my front door. I'll keep the brick wall quote up but I need some new running quotes. I'm past giving up now and no pain no gain. Ok maybe not the whole no pain since my quads hurt today for sure! 

In other painful news, my next class is Economics. Still LOATHE math and will be calling on all my math geek friends, Matt ya hear that? But after that, is one more class! And then I will be done with school FOREVER! And I'll probably still do 5k's but I may be hanging up my running shoes too. Thinking about doing something like kickboxing or one of those fancy fighting classes. Get rid of my pent up anger and tone up. I also started whole food, no sugar again today. Ask me in 3 days if I'm ready to kill someone, hmmm maybe I should start that kickboxing now!


Daily Mantra: You only get one chance at life, do it right and that's all you'll need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment