Monday, November 23, 2015

Shop small, Shop handmade this Christmas!

 So it’s time for Christmas shopping y’all!! Who’s ready? No? Well I’m here to save the day, I wanted to highlight one of my FAVORITE websites and all it has to offer! ETSY! I’ve done most of my Christmas shopping from this website.


In case you don’t know what Etsy is here’s a short description from their website!
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.

So basically people make items and sell them online for people like you and me to buy! One huge reason I love Etsy is I am able to shop for handmade stuff and help out small business owners. I’m sure there are some people out there who don’t stick to that mission but all the shops I do shop from are small businesses!

My absolutely FAVORITE store on Etsy is A Vintage Blonde. I had ordered a bracelet from another shop a while ago and Etsy will suggest shops to look at, A Vintage Blonde was one of them. I immediately fell in love with the pieces, she’s located in Nashville and specialized in boho chic. The first piece I ever ordered was a key engraved with LOVE on it. The packaging alone sold me on her shop. She always includes a nice note and everything is always packaged in a little bag. From there I was hooked. I think sometimes she lives in my brain because I will be thinking about something I would like and next thing I know there is a piece in her shop that matches my vision. Her prices are so reasonable and the best part? She has pop up sales ALL THE TIME! They range from free shipping, a certain % off to a free piece with a certain $$ spent. She’s very active on Facebook and Instagram so I suggest you go follow her there too. She does custom pieces and kids pieces as well.  I’m constantly posting my jewelry mostly because I love it, but I can mix and match everything! She also has a line of creaseless hairbands that I don’t leave home without one on my wrist, they make a great accessory too! She’s officially part of my Glamsquad too which means on special occasions I have a Vintage Blonde piece with my outfit. In fact today both arms are well accessorized as well as my neck! My nieces each have a piece (a Happy necklace) and I’m sure there is more pieces in their future.

I really try my best to support small businesses and that’s what Etsy is all about! This week I’m going to highlight a few of my favorite local businesses! So remember shop small, shop handmade and shop Etsy!!






No comments:

Post a Comment