Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Run Erin Run!




I used to ask people why they ran, mostly because I didn't run and had no desire to run but now I get it! I ran a 5K on Sunday! Not only did I run a 5K, I finished it and did it in 39 minutes. I’m pretty damn proud of myself! My goal was to run my first 5K on June 9th, I killed that goal! Melissa came over to run with me since I missed crossfit on Saturday. She told me we were going to run as far as I wanted to run and she’d tell me after how far we ran and such. She has a very cool runner’s watch that I SO want! My phone is just not cutting it anymore! So we ran and I have to admit that about ½ way through the run I noticed I was actually happy, yep I got runner’s high! 10 weeks ago running 60 seconds felt like death was imminent! When the run was over, turns out I ran 3.1 miles in 39 minutes which is a 13 minute mile. Apparently I’m one of the most evenly paced runners too. So on June 9th, I will run my first “official” 5K and I’m sure I’ll still have the adrenaline rush but the fear has washed away. I’m more excited than anything! Then 2 weeks later it’s the Warrior Dash, costumes are still in the works! Hey we’re girls we change our minds every 2 minutes!




I’m starting on the path to help people get healthy and fit as well. I guess when you have an awesome health coach and a super supportive group of people the sky’s the limit! So once I get started and you’re ready to take that step, call me! I’m proof hard work, a great attitude and a good health coach will help you succeed!

Daily Mantra: "When work, commitment, and pleasure all become one and you reach that deep well where passion lives, nothing is impossible."

No comments:

Post a Comment