Monday, June 6, 2011

Time Flies....




Holy crap I’m running my first 5K race in 3 days. I’m pretty sure this journey only started 12 weeks ago and now look at me all running 3.1 miles and stuff! I’ve got nerves for sure, but I think that’s where the adrenaline kicks in to keep you going. Oh it’s going to be 96 freaking degrees on Thursday!! WHAT?! Which means it’ll still be like 92 when I run. I will be sweating for sure, but it’s important to hydrate and I be doing that all day. Today is my off day, I did a BRUTAL crossfit yesterday morning and I am still feeling it today. But I guess that’s kinda the point. I’ll get up early tomorrow and run a quick mile or 2 and then Wednesday probably do some sprints in the wicked heat just to torture myself, cause THAT’S fun right? Should I survive (and I’m giving myself a 100% chance of actual survival) it will be one more thing checked off my list. Then on to the Warrior Dash (which we must get to making tutus for!). I really have no desire to do any long races, but I guess we’ll have to see down the road! I have some good music on my I-pod. For me it’s more mental since it helps to pass the time, it starts with the Black Eyed Peas and ends with Lady Gaga, good times! Happy running people!






Daily Mantra: There isn't anything you CAN'T do ~ me

No comments:

Post a Comment