Thursday, January 5, 2012

Fisher Cat Thanksgiving 5k



I signed up for this race since my parents wanted to see me run. Luckily Deanna was close by and signed up with me! I also ended up running into my friend Dave from work so good times! It was really cold and I haven’t done a lot of cold weather running yet so I had my gloves with me as well as a couple of layers. Here’s the thing I have 10 years on Deanna so I chase her for about a mile and that’s it. My little almost 35 year old legs are that fast. It was a really nice course there is only one slight hill and once you’re over that you’re at mile 2 and then it’s mostly downhill. We ran into Fisher Cat staduim and you run along the warning track. I was hoping to not find Deanna being detained by police for running on the field and luckily she was on her best behavior. I finished in a personal best time of 35:10. I felt awesome after the race, it was awesome to see my parents waiting too! It also made the giant mimosa I made when I got home totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment