Thursday, January 5, 2012

Winter Classic 5k




I wanted to beat 35 minutes. It was 28 degrees when we started. I didn’t pace myself well mile 1. Mile 2 is usually my best mile. I struggled to get my breathing under control for a while too. I could see the finish line and I knew it was close to beat 35 minutes and I had Deanna running next to me cheering me on, but I had absolutely NOTHING left. I had to find the positive in that I finished the race and I had a great time of 35:19 but you always want to beat yourself. I’m so competetive sometimes I beat myself in my head before the race ever starts. Gotta get better at that! Still I got a fun long sleeved shirt I will actually wear!








PS I know some of these are short, but really what can you say about a 5k you haven't said 9 other times!!

No comments:

Post a Comment