Thursday, January 5, 2012

Jingle Bell 5k





Last race of the year. If you’re keeping count it’s #11 in 7 months of running, not too shabby! Another cold one and I have never seen more people in all of my life. There had to be 6,000 people running this race. Kelly was back and her and I positiioned ourselves further back as I couldn’t get caught in the crowds running fast. We decided before we every started there were not personal records to be set but just a fun run. It took almost 5 minutes for us to get to the starting mat! I had Christmas music on my Ipod and we were watching all the fun costumes go by. We were outfitted in our leopart print Santa hats. There were some very creative people. My favorite was the skiier that was followed by giant snow balls who kept yelling avalanche! There were also serveral sets of Santa and his reindeer. The hill at the end was tough. I mean really who puts a hill at the end of a race. A sick individual that’s who. But one step at a time! Got my second wind at the end and decided Kelly and I needed to race! I know she loves it when I do that! We went and got our obligatory beer and reflected on our races and thought it was a pretty good year.










There is only one thing to focus on now…The Disney Princess ½ marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment