Thursday, January 5, 2012

52 days and counting!

Happy New Year! I cannot belive the ½ marathon is next month. I can’t believe I’m going to be 35 next month too. It’s all kind of hit me now. I started this journey February 7, 2011 when I made a decision to take back control of my life and my weight and everything else just kind of fell into place. I couldn’t ask for a better running team too! Kelly and Deanna are the motivation I need to keep running when I want to quit! I have a 7 mile run coming up and it’s a mental challenge to get past it. I know I can do it just to see 7 miles and run for 90+ minutes is hard to wrap your brain around. But I CAN do this! Doesn’t hurt to be running at the happiest place on earth. It’s like the Disney Princess ½ marathon was made for me! I’m not dressing up but I’m going to have a custom shirt made…well I’m getting shirts for Disney but I want something to remember this race. After all it’s the pinnacle and end of my running career! I kid but it is the pinnacle and I will probably continue to do 5k races, but please don’t ever look for me in the Boston Marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment