Sunday, August 26, 2012

1 Year Later

My first 5k ever was the Hollis fast 5k. I went back and read my blog from that race. Sure was a lot of thanking to do! This year was a really nice day out and since the outlets were opening I may have taken a day off of work to check them out, so I was rested for the race. I did take a nap before and that affected my legs as they were "cold" when I was stretching. But the gun went off and off we went. I love this race, it's point to point and it's all downhill, so there's only going to be a cut in time from the previous year. 

It was a QUICK run, I felt like I got to mile 2 before I even knew it. I made a new playlist after I got my new iPhone so maybe a change in music helped. I wanted to break 30 minutes, I was actually demanded to break it from a few people (damn non-runners!) and I ran it in 30:22, which in my book is a WIN! I was upset there was no water at the finish line when I got there or there was no cups I can't remember which one and the water back at Alpine Grove was warm, so I ditched that place and went home and got some protein to recover. 

It was also the first time my arches were bothering me in my shoes. They are made to take the impact on the middle of your foot and I'm a heel runner so that may be it. I've had some really good runs and I've had some not so good runs, but I think I'm still breaking them in so I hope it gets better.

Daily Mantra: What a difference a year makes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment