Sunday, August 26, 2012

Revolution Run

Another repeat race! It was absolutely POURING before the race started, they practically had to shove everyone out to the start line! But it cleared up just in time for the start. I started slow again only because I know there is a hill at the beginning and I didn't want to start too fast and then burn out at the end! I got stuck with the run/walkers and the people who start to run really fast and then burn out by mile 1. So annoying to me when I'm trying to run around you and you can't decide what you're doing! This year they had COLD water (little further up that last year but still). It was the same medal as last year, which I didn't notice until I re-read my post from last year. BUT I did not get a blister and I tore through the course. The rain before helped and it is slightly downhill at the end and the sun came out so I just REALLY wanted to be finished! I got done and waited for another person I knew to finish as she ran the 10k in prep for her 1/2 marathon training! Got a banana and went home! Made the rounds to some cookouts and ended the night with being able to see the fireworks from my house. Going to work sucked the next day but it was a sense of accomplishment for sure. Foot went numb towards the end, so I adjusted my laces and stride and haven't had any problems since then. Another successful run!

Daily Mantra: Always thankful to live in the land of the free because of the brave!

No comments:

Post a Comment